Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 
1/4/06

Late start this morning due to domestic/logistical chores. Once in the office, about an hour before lunch, began to focus in earnest on the preparation of the Prehistoric book format, reviewing the U Alabama P guidelines and editing the eleven files that comprise the book (acknowledgements, intro, ch 1-5, 2 appendices, bibliography, timeline) at the same time. I remember this tedious/laborious formatting chore from the dog days of writing my dissertation, but managed to format the ms to Alabama’s particular specs in about 3 hours (though a few questions arose that will need to be answered before this end of it is totally finished). Began to actively pursue permissions and will soon put the whole thing into MLA Style. The bad news from my contact at the press, Dan Waterman, was that the 50 illustrations that will be included in the book, which I sent to him Priority Mail on 12/17 (as printouts and in digital form) have not yet arrived in his office. To FedEx them to him from Malaysia will be costly, so here’s hoping that they show up.

Met with Rozi to problem solve the minidisc adapter situation, and he offered to lend me his unit while we’re here. He also let me know that I can use MMU’s sound studio, so I will take a look at that next week. I ran into a sound engineer/film producer named Ashley Grenville at No Black Tie in KL the other night, and he suggested that I explore using the program Sampletude to mix sound and video; apparently it is available at MMU and I will take a look at it, once I have some collected some footage and sound files to work with. Building ideas for multimedia poems…

Today’s emails: Grenville, Suzanne Tamminen (re: permissions for Cage’s I-VI), Bob Lynch (my chair at NJIT), J.L. Antonio, Waterman, Kimmelman, & Geof Huth.

Working away the days is so familiar, yet a different atmosphere altogether (even though I’ll be in need of a chiropractor soon, as always, for sure).

OK, more soon…

CF

Comments:
Chris,

I found you. I didn't look at the URL you'd sent me at first (http://ctfunk.blogger.com/), so I didn't realize the problem. It's weird: Tho your service is Blogger, your domain is blogspot.com.

Anyway, it sounds like the four of you are doing quite well. Good luck with this adventure. I spent much of my life outside the US, a good part in the tropics, so sometimes I feel their draw--tho usually not during the winter. I love the winter.

Geof
 
i don't actually know you, but i was reading geof's blog (i don't know him either) and wanted to wish you luck in malaysia. i liked the little magazine.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?