Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 
The day went much as expected and felt good to be back in the regular routine (meditation, dropping Stella off at the bus, working out, heading to the office, writing &c.), if only for a few days. The only real surprise was a longer than usual lunch with my FCM colleagues Izuzi and Zul; some of my best experiences on campus lately have been these unanticipated encounters with associates and getting to know them better.

I edited next week’s lecture, and compiled and began editing the MMU lectures—about 85 pages of material that I now need to proofread and format into Acrobat files: far from thrilling work, but still convinced it is a good project, so moving forward on it gradually. Slow going on it lately, and seems like it’ll continue that way, which seems OK (why rush?). I found out last night that today my book is officially being “launched” by Alabama, which means that production formally begins. This sounds like good news, and is, truly, but I was pretty disappointed to learn that even so, the book won’t be out until next April or May. I’ve always heard that academic publishing is slow, but now have first-hand (hard) experience!

Also found out that Eric and I will actually be doing two sets at the Festival next week, one short (1-2 minutes!) at the event’s opening (a teaser) and a longer one the next night. The short set was news to me, but quickly came up with an idea of something enticing we might be able to do in such a short slot (involving a couple of googlisms, one prerecorded and looped and one performed live in two voices). Check out the online announcement for the Festival at http://www.bangkok2.com/blog/archives/cat_events.html, and the event website at http://culturebase.org/home/thailand/MAF06.

Tomorrow will to return to some technical/creative work: script discovery, reviewing recordings, & hopefully making some mp3s if I can get ever get my hands on the proper cable.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?