Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 
Finished reviewing the minidisc recordings I’ve made since arriving in Malaysia today, and found some sounds (waves, bugs, frogs, to name a few) that I’ll make in to mp3s (thanks to Khong, who managed to locate an audio cable for me). Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to post them for shemthepenman (who is =ly shemthesoundace) to work with. Later in the day, while searching for information about how to build audio databases, came across a great site called the Freesound Project Forum (http://freesound.iua.upf), which is a storehouse of all different types of user-contributed sounds that I’ll most certainly make use of in the future.

After a good bit of trial and error, more snooping around JavaScript Source, and prepping a few poems (as images/.jpgs), I made some real headway towards randomly combining images & text this afternoon. What I put together (a page titled “buddha board”) is far from ideal, and only quite remotely what I want to be able to do in the long run, but a start, anyhow, and probably just about as good as it gets using javascript. Good to be practicing, and able to decipher and solve problems encountered in code. I’ll add a few more features and develop a bit more before posting, but glad that something’s happening, knowing that it’s only the very beginning of what will be (no doubt) a multi-year process. Why I invariably take the difficult route I don’t know; that’s just how it goes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?