Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 
Since it really is about time to get the eBook finished and out there, I used most of today working on it. I decided to go ahead and replace the files I mentioned in my last entry, so spent a good bit of time getting those pieces together. Both of them are Flash movies that use soundtracks Eric Curkendall and I recorded in Bangkok as the audio component. I had the basics set up and just had to finalize the images, sizing, and some other details. The other matter that needed to be attended to was the interface for the media content, which I was fortunately able to complete with John Hii this afternoon. Sau Bin’s wife Pat, a designer, had taken a look at it and said that she thought the font (Verdana, for what it’s worth) was too weak. So we replaced it (with Trebucher) and attended to a few other minor details, like linking up the new files and removing some excess information. The clean-up made it much better, and it is good that we’ve taken some time testing and getting more input. I have just a couple of small things to do on it before delivering to the manufacturer—hopefully on Thursday.

I ran into the Dean today, who told me that the date for the June performance (June 21) is good, so that’s happening and need to get ready for it. I’ve decided, already, to scale it back a little bit (e.g., two projectors/projections should be enough). I don’t think the preparations will be terribly demanding, but of course any time there is tech involved, things have to be organized. And not all of the pieces have been orchestrated and created, so there is definitely work to be done.

The tally on the missing audio files for the database project is three, so those are holes I’ve got to fill before Friday’s meeting with Keh Siong. Later tonight I’m going to re-review some of the recordings I’ve made and see if anything can be culled from them, and also plan to head up to KL and make recordings this week if necessary.

As usual, there’s plenty to do. But I’ve got little else on my mind, so that’s alright—what better ways to occupy these days?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?